- I hereby agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the Music Education Centre for the Arts (MECA) and the project.
- In the case of scholars or dependents: I hereby give permission to my child to participate in the (MECA) project.
MUSIC EDUCATION CENTRE FOR THE ARTS (MECA) RULES AND REGULATIONS
- On registration a parent certified copy of ID and the student copy of ID or birth certificate, proof of residential address; e.g. Water and electricity bill (Original or certified copies) should be presented.
- New learners will be on a three months observation registration, during this period the tutor will assess the learner’s ability and determine whether the learner should carry on with the tuition on the instrument chosen.
- Fees are payable strictly in advance, special cases will have to be discussed with the Project Leader.
- Learners must arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled classes
- Any learner absent for four (4) consecutive classes without a valid reason will be dropped from the project.
- All learners are expected to attend classes on time and to complete all assignment given by the tutor.
- All learners are required to attend both practical and theory classes.
- Performances in project concerts are integral to the course and forms part of assessment. No fees are payable to learners for these concerts.
- MECA reserves the right to drop any pupil from the project if there is no satisfactory level of performance and improvement in the project in both practical and theory classes.
- Learners are not allowed to perform or take part in any workshop without prior approval by the MECA project leader or MECA office.
- The cost of repair for any damage, or replacement of a lost instrument, is sole responsibility of the learner and the parent, e.g. Strings, bow, and bridges.
PLEASE INFORM THE MECA OFFICE OF ANY CHANGE IN THE ABOVE DETAILS IN WRITING.
YOU CAN ALSO USE THE CONTACT DETAILS BELOW
Tel: +27 12 753 3655